Stolen from Running42K.
1. How do you like your eggs? Over medium. If scrambled, runny.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Good coffee: bit of sugar. Bad coffee: milk and sugar. Tea: black.
3. Favorite breakfast food?
Weekdays: mashed up boiled egg with bit of mayo (guess that would be an egg salad) on wheat toast/biali/English muffin.
Weekends: Lately it’s been a croque madame, which is a croque monsier with an egg on top.
Oh and coffee. Coffee coffee coffee, perferably a mocha. I know that’s not food but imperative at breakfast.
4. Peanut butter – smooth or crunchy? Smooth.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Honey dijon.
6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke.
7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Instant Korean noodles with tofu and some kind of leafy veggie.
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Depends on my mood. Right now? Plain.
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Some kind of easy stirfry. (Even when I feel like cooking, I’m still lazy.)
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Tons! I’ll pick one:
McDonald’s fish filets. Yes, my mom is an excellent Chinese cook and made tons of good food, but the tartar-covered, trans fat laden seafood-product sandwiches give me the warm and fuzzies. Every Saturday after Chinese school, we were treated to Micky D’s for waking up early on a weekend to do something we absolutely hated. Top it off with a cement-thick vanilla milk shake and I was in heaven.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Italian subs. Got awful food poisoning from one when I was 12.
12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Barbecued chicken feet remind me of my dad, not because of any resemblance, but because it’s one of his favorite dim sum dishes which he always pushes me to try, no matter the hundreds of time I’ve refused.
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? See #12. Also sea cucumbers (blech!).
14. What was your favorite food as a child? See #10. Also bologna sandwishes with lots of mayo. Hmm, tartar sauce, mayo, do we see a theme here?
15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Cheese, tofu, and cauliflower, which I love now but which sound disgusting together.
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? Frosted Flakes. Now a bowl of it will send me into a diabetic seizure.
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Japanese pears and my mom’s stirfried broccoli.
18. Favorite junk food: any salty snack – chips, Cheetos, Fritos, Doritoes, apparently anything that ends in “o’s.”
19. Favorite between meal snack: Yogurt followed by something crunchy/salty like almonds, low-fat chips, or popcorn.
20. Do you have any weird food habits? See #19. Whenever I have something sweet, I need a salty chaser.
21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Yogurt and almonds. (I’m always on a diet.)
22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? See #18.
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Medium.
24. Can I get you a drink? Plain old water. Vodka tonic if I’m feeling nasty.
25. Red wine or white? Red.
26. Favorite dessert? I don’t have a specific favorite dessert, though I always like key lime pie, and lately I’ve been enjoying sesame-flavored sweets (pudding, gelato, etc.).
ohhh, i forgot about filet o fish! i used to love those, til i found out they are worse for you than a big mac. :(
Yummmmmm, filet-o-fish – and don’t forget the tartar sauce that oozes out when you take a bite! I have to have one every couple years for old times sake.
mouth watering good answers.
Great meme! I think I’ll have to steal this one.
I like tartar sauce as well. And not the cheap “bit of relish in mayo” stuff, but the real stuff!!
I have never had this filet o fish you people all talk about. But Z’s comment just scared me off it.
zerodoll: i believe it. deep fried goodness, er i mean badness.
pandax: the oozing tartar sauce is the best part! ditto on having one every once in a while – and then feeling sick afterwards.
hemlock: yeah, the real stuff is a whole different animal.
sitcomgirl: you’ve never had a filet of fish!? and you call yourself an american. ;)