In case you missed it, here’s the stuff I published since my last writing news update:
- I’m Really Bad At Being Wrong, The Frisky, April 27
Falling, The Nervous Breakdown, April 28
Also, I finally met my memoir in person! After one minor fix on the cover, it will be available for sale by the end of this week. Check back here for details.
And those of you who helped me pick a cover, please remember to send me your address so that I can send you a free copy of the my book. You can email me at angelatungwriter AT gmail DOT com, message me on Facebook, or DM me on Twitter.
* * *
I realized today that I hadn’t done a goals check-in in some time. Here they were for April and how I did:
- Blog at least 10 times – CHECK! Actually blogged 11 times.
- Cardio at least 18 times – INCOMPLETE! Miserably in fact. I only did cardio 8 times this month, a whopping 10 times shy of my goal
- Core/weight bearing at least 15 times – INCOMPLETE! April was not the month for working out, though I got in 10 rounds of yoga or weights.
- Memoir: finalize cover art – CHECK!
- Memoir: convert writing site to focus on memoir – INCOMPLETE! MB was supposed to help me with this, but got sidetracked. Expect a revamped website in the next few weeks!
- Memoir: START SELLING – POSTPONED! Getting a copy of my memoir to see in person took much longer than I expected. Hence, I’ll start selling this week as opposed to my goal, last week.
- Submit to at least one magazine – CHECK!
- Submit to at least one contest – INCOMPLETE! Oh well.
- Post to TNB at least once – CHECK!
- Go to at least one social activity – CHECK!
I didn’t do too well this month meeting my goals, especially in the workout department (I blame my gym being closed for two weeks for renovations). This month I hope to do better. My other big goals for May include:
- Start selling memoir
- Market the shit out of it
- Submit to at least one NEW magazine (ie, one I’ve not been published in; luckily I’ve many to choose from)
- Submit to at least one contest
- Start writing my novel
That’s right, I’m gonna go back to fiction and attempt a novel. Yesterday I jotted down some notes and a very sketchy timeline. Then of course there are my usual monthly goals.