Completely unmotivated today. Spring fever. Cramps. General malaise.
Swiped from Sitcomgirl (the meme not the malaise).
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be. (And the older you’ll feel.)
1. Who was your best friend? SG and ES, with whom I’m still friends.
2. What sports did you play? Nope. Shoulda joined the track team though.
3. What kind of car did you drive? Didn’t have one what with the phobia about driving.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? At the movies or at home watching The Princess Bride for the bazillionth time.
5. Were you a party animal? No, but senior year there were a couple of fun ones. 1) SG’s 18th birthday party, at which we danced all over the house and Terri C. got hives from the shrimp (kinda like I have hives right now, though from what I don’t know). 2) Jay P.’s graduation party, at which we danced in the basement to Erasure (hey, it was 1990).
6. Were you considered a flirt? No way. Too shy.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope, but I played the piano for like 12 years.
8. Were you a nerd? Although I was in AP English, Bio and Calc, I was too lazy to be considered a real nerd. Unless holing up in my room all summer reading is nerd-like (then I’m still a nerd).
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Are you kidding me? I got upset if a teacher even looked at me funny.
10. Can you sing the fight song? We had a fight song?
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Tie, Mr. B. of AP English with his irreverant dry wit (too old for crush material though) and Ms. D. of Calc who made me not hate math.
12. What was your school’s full name? TMI.
13. School mascot? Pirate. Yes, a pirate.
14. Did you go to Prom? Nope, but we did have a post-prom party at the school, where Liz P. showed off her Harvard boyfriend complete with Harvard sweatshirt. Blech!
15. If you could go back and do it over, would you? No fucking way.
16. What do you remember most about graduation? Being extremely warm under my gown, and somehow ending up next to almost six foot tall Ben G., despite the fact that we were supposed to be seated by height (ES was first!).
17. Where were you on senior skip day? At Wendy’s maybe? I can’t remember.
18. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, I tutored this kid who had cerebral palsy.
19. Where did you go most often for lunch? The caf. Tuna on a roll and french fries almost every day.
20. Have you gained weight since then? I’ve lost the same 10 to 15 pounds every year till about 2000, when I was finally able to keep it off. So I’m actually 5 to 8 pounds less than I was in high school.
21. What did you do after graduation? After the ceremony? I think I just went home. Then for the summer I worked shelving tapes at Recording for the Blind (can we say wrist-slittingly-boring?).
22. When did you graduate? 1990
23. Who was your Senior prom date? Didn’t go. Hello?
24. Are you going to your 10 year reunion? Went. Didn’t want to. (Darn you, ES!) It sucked. Hardly anyone remembered me, except for Beth T., Carol C., Vince V., and Brent M.
25. Who was your home room teacher? For the life of me, I can’t remember. But I do remember sharing a table with ES, who one day had a small mirror, with which she reflected some light into some poor unsuspecting guy’s face. His reaction CRACKED US UP. (Yes, very mature.)
26. Who will repost this after you? Anyone who wants a walk down memory lane.