I’ve been regularly perusing the SF job listings. This one caught my eye at first, but then upon closer inspection, it seemed horrible:
* Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are. Pencils down.
Okay, yes, that’s me.
* Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
These sentences sum up someone I would really really hate.
* Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. You are the Mayor. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
As YP put it, am I the Mayor of Fun Town? More like the Treasurer of Cynical-ville, of Leave-Me-Alone-burg, of People-Are-So-Annoying-Capital-City.
* Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing managers have 5 to 15 years).
Other fun requirements:
* 4-year college degree
* Currently residing or open to relocating to the North Bay
* Experience with social networking, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning
What makes these “fun” requirements? Fun requirements would be has big clown feet, or can juggle, or does a really good Fat Albert imitation. You know they put down “requirements” and thought, Oh no, the cool kids and hipsters will think we’re the man! Better stick “fun” in front of it.
Needless to say, I won’t apply. That’s what I get for looking in the marketing section.