First saw this at running42K’s, then Canadian Hemlock, then Zerodoll, then Jayfish, then Pandax. Whew!
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
My forehead looks extra wrinkly.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
$120. Getting ready for the weekend.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
4. Favorite planet?
Pluto. (I am a planet, I’m not a planet, I am a planet. . .)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
ES, my pal from high school.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Don’t have one now. Would like it to be a riff from Dirt off Your Shoulder by Jay-Z.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
An orange sweater from J. Jill.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
No – why would anyone want to?
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
10. Bright or Dark Room?
Bright but with the blinds drawn.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Okay, I’m puckering up. . .
Running42K: great family man who inspires me to run and makes me hungry with his food descriptions
Canadian Hemlock: funny, intelligent, sensitive gal who takes great pics
Zerodoll & Jayfish: cutest couple in cyberspace
Pandax: Intelligent and insightful, posts great articles that I otherwise would have never read.
12. What does your watch look like?
Don’t have a watch. Haven’t worn one in many years.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Probably snoring and grinding my teeth. (Yeah, I’m a catch.)
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
“I was wrong. The co that offered me a job b4 was another.”
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Eight blocks north of my apartment.
16. Whats a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
I don’t like this question. :(
18. Last furry thing you touched?
Is this dirty or what?
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
None excluding caffeine and antioxidants.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
None. I’m a digital girl.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
22. Your worst enemy?
As everyone says, me myself and I.
23. What is your current desktop picture?
Jayfish is right: I remember answering this question before. What I want to change my desktop to is a recent pic I took of a winding stairwell.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Hmm, how can I make flying lucrative? Market myself? Fly into vaults and steal money? Ech, too much work. A million bucks.
26. Do you like someone?
Boo hoo, not like that.
27. The last song you listened to?
Gwen Stefani’s new single. Have you seen the video? Trippy.
28. What time of day were you born?
9ish in the am.
29. What’s your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
All successful young (ie, younger than me) authors.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Maybe but I don’t know.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
On 43rd Street and Lexington Avenue, looking south at black smoke.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Like a sucker, I put in more .
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
Is nice the same as kind? I’m not very nice but I hope I’m kind.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
The tattoo saga! Over my right shoulder blade.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
In the past, yes. Now? Hard to say.
39. Are you touchy feely?
Yes with someone I really like.
40. What’s your life motto?
I’d rather regret something I’ve done than something I haven’t done.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
At ALL times? Um, my hair, my skin, and a chip on my shoulder (haha).
42. What’s your favourite town/city?
New York of course.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Dinner last night (French shepard’s pie).
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
In September, birthday card for my brother.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Last I heard he, his pregnant wife, and their first kid were living with his parents on Long Island.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Only to my great-grandparents who apparently owned a lot of stuff in China. Hence, the fleeing from the Communists.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
I wore a suit and pearls last month to do a presentation.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My knee from sitting on the floor in this weird position for too long.
50. Have you been burned by love?
Yup, but see #40.
Zerodoll & Jayfish: cutest couple in cyberspace
I’ll second AND third that one!!
I love your answer to 41.
Did you get the email I sent last night? Just thought I would keep you informed. (ooooooh, so top secret!)
#36- wasn’t it a different location before?!
What’s a French shepherd’s pie? Does that mean it has cream or something?
My grandmother’s family was supposedly well off in China before the Communists as well.
i like that picture of the stairwell you took too but as a desktop pic, won’t you feel all woosey?
and like z said, i thought the tat was going on your arm??
As a matter of fact, I’m jealous of you! I wish I lived in NYC!
zerodoll & jayfish: yup, somewhere along the way, i changed my mind about the location of the tat. not that i’ll ever get one. i guess. who knows.
pandax: a french shepherd’s pie is just like regular shepherd’s pie except that it sits on a plate instead of in one of those deep dish things. the one i had also had no flavor, but that may have been the restaurant.