But here’s a little more.
David Byrne ( yes, that David Byrne) makes a really good point on his blog. Spitzer is identified as client #9 (kind of like Chanel No. 5, only dumber) – what about clients 1 through 8? They were all part of the prostitution ring that the FBI wiretapped so the feds know who they are – how come they’re not being plastered all over the news?
Byrne’s theory these are mega rich bigwigs, possibly Republicans with a vendetta against the Caught Crusader. MB and I discussed over lunch who the possible 8 could be:
8) Some movie star. Lots live in New York – Robert DeNiro? Kanye? Woody Allen? Take your pick.
7) Mob boss #1
6) Mob boss # 2. Hey, the Emperor’s Club apparently covered New Jersey too.
5) A Yankee. Derek Jeter? A-Rod?
4) Some super-rich CEO of some overbloated corporation or another
3) Rich bigwig Republican #1
2) Rich bigwig Republican #2
And finally. . .
1) Slick Willy himself, and Westchester County resident.
“It’s good to be President.”
~ ~ ~
In other news, I had an interview today for a communications manager position. This would essentially be coordinating and creating communications – whether via announcements, emails, presentations – between four different groups that are now under one worldwide group, which sounds really good to me.
With my other interviews, I couldn’t tell how they went. All I knew was they didn’t go badly, but they weren’t fabulous. This one I think – knock wood – went well. It was more of a discussion and exchange of ideas, rather than an interview. Then he asked that I send him some PowerPoints and other communications I’ve created.
Like everything, wait and see.
Class tonight. And MB’s off to Chicago, boohoo! He’s back Monday night.